Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

High Spots


I can't talk about magic without mentioning my book High Spots. It's been in the works for a few years and was recently published by Joshua Jay and Andi Gladwin's new company Vanishing Inc. Magic. The book includes twelve original items straight from my working repertoire. Each routine is designed for the real world; there are no pipe dreams. Here are just a few comments from satisfied readers:

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal. His methods are devious, his presentations are clever and fun and he's got loads of natural abillity. Add to that solid magical thinking and you'll know why I've been recommending
High Spots to all of my friends." -David Williamson

"Caleb's Reswindled is my new favorite version of Reset." -
Paul Harris

"Caleb Wiles is a clever, logical creator of magical effects. His approach is fresh, yet practical. I'm a huge fan." -
Joshua Jay

"Caleb Wiles knows how to structure an effect. He combines fantastic plots with clever methodology to create some incredibly fooling magic." -
Andi Gladwin

"The magic of Caleb Wiles is both strong and refreshingly novel. He combines contemporary 'high tech' themes with strong plots. The result is both high commercial effects that both entertain and mystify. Caleb's new book is a must have for card enthusiasts." -
Mike Powers

"High Spots is not only a bargain at $20 in today's inflated market, but is a bargain in the sense that it contains card magic you are going to look forward to showing your audiences." -
Steve Bryant

"Vernon, Marlo, Houdini, and Silly Billy couldn't hold a candle to Caleb Wiles... because they're dead... except Silly Billy."
-Tyler Wilson


I really worked hard on all aspects of the book. The routines have all been audience tested, the descriptions are clear, there are plenty of illustrations, and the credits are extensive. Andi Gladwin and Joshua Jay did a remarkable job on producing the final product and I couldn't be happier. The book is available from CalebWiles.com or VanishingIncMagic.com. Check it out and let me know what you think. I look forward to hearing from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment