Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Hidden Magic Gem #1

What's the old saying? If you want to keep something hidden, put it in print. I think there's some definite truth to that statement. After all, there are SO many things being published every week in the world of magic; who could ever keep up? Well, that's where this blog comes in. Every once in awhile I will share a hidden magic gem buried away in a book that you may well have laying around at home. Of course, I'm just trying to get the ball rolling. If you come across a hidden gem in your own studies, I would love to hear about it.

The first one comes from Jack Parker's e-book Set to Kill. The trick is called "Buried Alive." The routine has a feel similar to Ryan Swigert's Kickback but without the use of gaffed cards. A video performance may be seen below.


Unfortunately, Jack's e-books are no longer available. However, his hardcover book 52 Memories is full of great material.

1 comment:

  1. Nice effect, Caleb. It reminds me of how creative Jack Parker was, and it inspires me to dig out his e-books as well as "52 Memories" (which is a beautiful book, by the way).

    Thanks for posting it.

    Mark Ratekin

    ReplyDelete